Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I have lost my head!

I'm not really sure what I was thinking this morning, but I left my phone at home!! I can picture it now, laying on my bed, alone and scared. Vibrating away as people are trying to call or text me with their very mundane thoughts and ideas, to which I can not respond with my usual 'uh huh' and 'oh yeahs'. Today is a sad, somewhat disconnected day in my world.

I would like to think I am not the type of person that requires the constant ability to connect to other people and that I am more then capable of being with out my phone for a few hours, but from the moment I realized that it was at home - I have felt like I am missing an arm (or at least a finger, or maybe a toe). I never realized how dependent I am on my phone!!

For example - I have no idea what my home phone number is!! No clue... it starts with a 9, but after that I've got nothing. So if something were to happen on my 45min long drive home (part of which is on the highway), I have no way to call my dad to help me even if I were able to borrow someone elses phone. So now, I'm convinced that something will happen because I am unprepared for it to happen. I don't have my cell to call for help or a tow truck and I don't have any numbers memorized to call for help if I have access to a different phone... It's the strangest sensation.

I FEEL SO LOST!!

No comments:

Post a Comment